Statistics
Richard Clayton
2003-12-25 14:23:41 UTC
demon.ip.support.turnpike is now over one year old...
During the first year (ending mid December) some 28500 articles were
posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a further 19500
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to make future
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted (this is
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles were posted
(about 53 articles per day on average).
During the fifth year, 2000, another 19300 articles (!) were posted
(calculating the average for this year is therefore left as an exercise
for the reader).
During the sixth year, 2001, about 32900 articles were posted (the
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were posted, which
might usefully be expressed as an average of 66 per day.
During the eighth year, 2003, just over 13800 articles were posted
(a quieter year, albeit not dormant, since this works out to about
39 articles per day).

The Turnpike team all join with me in thanking you for all for your
contributions, whether they were problem reports, wishlist items, or
just good ideas for incorporation into the product.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2003 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Nigel Clark, Paul Martin,
Paul Overell and Tony Bush
Richard Clayton
2004-12-25 12:14:52 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the ninth year, 2004, just over 10800 articles were posted,
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day

The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...

... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2004 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Nigel Clark, Paul
Martin, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
Molly Mockford
2004-12-25 13:09:26 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
During the ninth year, 2004, just over 10800 articles were posted,
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Nigel Clark, Paul
Martin, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
I sincerely hope that that was auto-posted, being one you prepared
earlier, and that all of you currently have glass in hand in your
individual homes.
--
Molly Mockford, having lunched well off gravadlax, fresh crab, potted
shrimps, stuffed eggs and all kinds of othergoodies, together with a
I can taste!
Jim Crowther
2004-12-26 00:32:50 UTC
demon.ip.support.turnpike is now over one year old...
During the first year (ending mid December) some 28500 articles were
posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
A fine history.

Very few programs (even accepting [not 'excepting']) the TP Series Six
have enjoyed such a history.

Thank you for your vision at the beginning.
--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.
Richard Clayton
2005-12-25 08:51:11 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were posted, at a
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day

The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...

... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2005 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Paul Martin, Paul
Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
Wm...
2005-12-25 11:51:26 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were posted, at a
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Paul Martin, Paul
Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
I may be the first but I doubt the only person that would like to thank
all of you too.
--
Wm ...
Post by Wm...
Post by Richard Clayton
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were posted, at a
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Paul Martin, Paul
Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
I may be the first but I doubt the only person that would like to thank
all of you too.
We are all very grateful for a superb product and excellent service.
IMHO it seems such a shame that it isn't still being developed but
nonetheless it meets the need and is better than any of the alternatives
presently available.
Paul Harris
Duncan Kennedy
2005-12-25 20:17:33 UTC
Post by Paul Harris
Post by Wm...
Post by Richard Clayton
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were posted, at a
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Paul Martin, Paul
Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
I may be the first but I doubt the only person that would like to
thank all of you too.
We are all very grateful for a superb product and excellent service.
IMHO it seems such a shame that it isn't still being developed but
nonetheless it meets the need and is better than any of the
alternatives presently available.
Absolutely
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
Mike H
2005-12-25 18:01:45 UTC
Post by Paul Harris
We are all very grateful for a superb product and excellent service.
IMHO it seems such a shame that it isn't still being developed but
nonetheless it meets the need and is better than any of the
alternatives presently available.
Seconded
--
Mike Hopkins
CSME <http://goto/cheltsme>
5" gauge (2 1/2" scale) Alice class Hunslet
Adrian Simpson
2005-12-25 21:38:38 UTC
Post by Paul Harris
Post by Wm...
Post by Richard Clayton
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were posted, at a
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Laurie Townsend, Paul Martin, Paul
Overell, Richard Clayton and Tony Bush
I may be the first but I doubt the only person that would like to
thank all of you too.
We are all very grateful for a superb product and excellent service.
IMHO it seems such a shame that it isn't still being developed but
nonetheless it meets the need and is better than any of the
alternatives presently available.
<aol>Me too</aol>

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"
Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.
Richard Clayton
2006-12-25 14:09:25 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were posted, at the
increased rate of 14.2 articles per day

The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...

... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2005 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and
Tony Bush
Richard Clayton
2007-12-25 15:08:43 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the eleventh year, 2006, just under 4600 articles were posted,
dropping down to the average rate of 12.6 articles per day

The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...

... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2007 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and
Tony Bush
Richard Clayton
2007-12-25 23:49:34 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were posted, at the
increased rate of 14.2 articles per day
During the eleventh year, 2006, just under 4600 articles were posted,
dropping down to the average rate of 12.6 articles per day
twelve, 2007 (I really most stop posting this in the early afternoon!)

[with thanks to those who corrected me]
--
richard @ highwayman . com "Nothing seems the same
Still you never see the change from day to day
And no-one notices the customs slip away"
Michael J Davis
2008-01-04 17:34:56 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
LOL!

May you all have many years of copying and pasting ahead of you!

Mike

TP user since late 1995. (Just pulled the second printing of the manuals
off the shelf behind me; what was the last printed edition?)

Michael J Davis
http://www.trustsof.demon.co.uk
<><
For this is what the Lord has said to me,
"Go and post a Watchman and let
him report what he sees." Isa 21:6
<><
Richard Clayton
2008-12-25 15:23:28 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twelfth year, 2007, just under 4600 articles were posted,
dropping down to the average rate of 12.6 articles per day
During the thirteenth year, 2008, just over 5300 articles were posted,
at an average rate of 14.5 articles per day

The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...

... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E ... the Turnpike team in 2008 have been:

Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and
Tony Bush
vg4cysss7001
2008-12-25 23:50:38 UTC
In article <***@highwayman.com>, Richard Clayton
<***@highwayman.com> writes
[snip]
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and
Tony Bush
Thank YOU for the software which I think I have used for longer
than any other.

I tried 'request thread' on this and got back as far as
25 December 2003 14:23:41, using news.nildram.co.uk.

I hope that I have not committed a faux-pas by over-riding
your FollowUp-To:.
--
Misha
Free on-line, off-site backups?
<https://mozy.com/?ref=UK45Y5>
Paul Hyett
2008-12-26 08:26:40 UTC
Post by vg4cysss7001
[snip]
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Andy Jewitt, Dave English, Ian Bell, Paul Overell, Richard Clayton and
Tony Bush
Thank YOU for the software which I think I have used for longer
than any other.
Second-longest in my case - I still occasionally play the original
Colonization game from 1994 (TP used since 1997).
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris Johnson
2008-12-26 12:37:22 UTC
Post by Paul Hyett
Post by vg4cysss7001
Thank YOU for the software which I think I have used for longer
than any other.
Second-longest in my case - I still occasionally play the original
Colonization game from 1994 (TP used since 1997).
The oldest program I still use regularly is Mike Albert's FC, a file
comparison utility from 1990. Until a couple of years ago I used the DOS
version of MultiEdit (originally from 1989) as my standard text editor.
The single program I use most is Take Command, a Windows version of Rex
Conn's 4DOS from 1989. Unfortunately I cannot find any information about
when this first appeared, but I am pretty sure the original Win16
version pre-dated TP.

Regards
Chris
--
Chris Johnson mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818
EDI website http://www.edimatrix.co.uk
Registered in UK no. 2777624 Reg.Office: 34 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QF
Adrian V Stokes
2008-12-26 15:26:29 UTC
As my standard text editor, I still use the DOS version of Wordstar ((C)
1979-87) which works extremely well under XP. Similarly, my main
(only!) database program is Foxbase 2.1, vintage 1988. In the latter,
I've only ever found a couple of bugs and find it interfaces extremely
well to WinXP - for example, I can easily produce information (usually
tables) in RTF which can be imported directly into Word. When someone
shows me something with more functionality (and fewer bugs) than WS or
Foxbase, I'll consider changing.

Adrian

In a message sent on Fri, 26 Dec 2008 at 12:37:22, Chris Johnson
Post by Chris Johnson
Post by Paul Hyett
Post by vg4cysss7001
Thank YOU for the software which I think I have used for longer
than any other.
Second-longest in my case - I still occasionally play the original
Colonization game from 1994 (TP used since 1997).
The oldest program I still use regularly is Mike Albert's FC, a file
comparison utility from 1990. Until a couple of years ago I used the
DOS version of MultiEdit (originally from 1989) as my standard text
editor. The single program I use most is Take Command, a Windows
version of Rex Conn's 4DOS from 1989. Unfortunately I cannot find any
information about when this first appeared, but I am pretty sure the
original Win16 version pre-dated TP.
Regards
Chris
--
(Dr) Adrian V Stokes OBE
United Kingdom
email: ***@cat-ltd.demon.co.uk
Wm...
2008-12-26 16:06:27 UTC
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 15:26:29 <***@cat-ltd.demon.co.uk>
demon.ip.support.turnpike Adrian V Stokes
Post by Adrian V Stokes
I'll consider changing.
From top posting?
--
Wm...
Post by Adrian V Stokes
As my standard text editor, I still use the DOS version of Wordstar
((C) 1979-87) which works extremely well under XP.
At the risk of out-trumping everyone as well as being way off-topic,
almost all of my income as a music typesetter comes (like many others in
my profession) from using Score, which began life in 1967 at the
Stanford Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics.

Although written in Fortran (and eventually ported to DOS in 1985) - its
immaculate output remains the software of preference for all serious
music publishers, despite the claims of much later Windows-based
systems.

The only difficulty is setting up hardware to support it in recent
years!
Paul Terry
Dr J R Stockton
2008-12-29 16:37:26 UTC
Post by Paul Terry
The only difficulty is setting up hardware to support it in recent
years!
I have seen a public-domain DOS - equivalent to MS-DOS - available in
ASM & EXE. The details of the 8086 are also known. One should be able
to write, as a regular windows program, an instruction emulator for the
8086 PC, on which your software ought to run. I once did something
similar - a partial LSI-11 emulator in Turbo Pascal for the PC. It ran
a particular needed program at a tolerable speed.
news
2008-12-31 12:42:05 UTC
Post by Paul Terry
Post by Adrian V Stokes
As my standard text editor, I still use the DOS version of Wordstar
((C) 1979-87) which works extremely well under XP.
At the risk of out-trumping everyone as well as being way off-topic,
almost all of my income as a music typesetter comes (like many others
in my profession) from using Score, which began life in 1967 at the
Stanford Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics.
Although written in Fortran (and eventually ported to DOS in 1985) -
its immaculate output remains the software of preference for all
serious music publishers, despite the claims of much later
Windows-based systems.
The only difficulty is setting up hardware to support it in recent
years!
I am still in mourning for Locoscript Pro, which did everything I needed
as a writer without the pointless clutter of Word. It is still installed
and runs happily under XP Pro for the rare times I have to dip into my
archives, as I could not be bothered to port 10 year's work into Word.
David Lawson
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2008-12-28 10:32:35 UTC
Post by Chris Johnson
Post by Paul Hyett
Post by vg4cysss7001
Thank YOU for the software which I think I have used for longer
than any other.
Yes, thank you to the team from me too. Great software.
Post by Chris Johnson
Post by Paul Hyett
Second-longest in my case - I still occasionally play the original
Colonization game from 1994 (TP used since 1997).
The oldest program I still use regularly is Mike Albert's FC, a file
comparison utility from 1990. Until a couple of years ago I used the
I still use Xtree Gold a lot, including JFC (somebody's file compare)
that came embedded in it, and 1-word its text editor to edit my
quotation file (its filesize limit keeps the quotations file fresh, as I
now usually have to delete a quote or two to add a new one). Come to
think of it, the piece of software I use which extracts one quote at
random from that file - TomQuote, I think it's called, and I usually
have it set to run at Windows start - is of considerable age.

Of course, those of us using Windows (and its underlying DOS, in the
case of those of us using '9x [or earlier - anyone here still on 3.x?])
are using at least _some_ code that's Very Old - and I imagine the same
applies to Linux and other OSs too.
[]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL(+++)IS-P--Ch+(p)Ar+T[?]H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Advertising is legalized lying. - H.G. Wells
Mike Isaacs
2008-12-28 12:49:03 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Chris Johnson
Post by Chris Johnson
Post by Paul Hyett
[...]
Ah, Xtree - a marvellous program.

Have you tried ZtreeWin, the 32 bit replacement for Xtree which works
with all Windows from 95 to XP inclusive?

It came out when XtreeGold went bust. It still includes JFC and has
most of the Xtree facilities. ZtreeWin is still being actively updated.
Mike Isaacs
Jim Macleod
2008-12-28 15:50:32 UTC
Post by Mike Isaacs
Ah, Xtree - a marvellous program.
Have you tried ZtreeWin, the 32 bit replacement for Xtree which works
with all Windows from 95 to XP inclusive?
Do I gather ZtreeWin does not work under Vista? Sad news if so.
"Reply-to" address valid until at least 31-January-2009
dave @ stejonda
2008-12-28 16:23:32 UTC
Post by Jim Macleod
Post by Mike Isaacs
Ah, Xtree - a marvellous program.
Have you tried ZtreeWin, the 32 bit replacement for Xtree which works
with all Windows from 95 to XP inclusive?
Do I gather ZtreeWin does not work under Vista? Sad news if so.
Their www-site indicates it does. However, looking at the screen shots I
wonder why anyone would want to go back to such an interface, (and pay
for the privilege), other than for nostalgic reasons.
dave @ stejonda
Kevin Reilly
2008-12-28 17:32:24 UTC
I wonder why anyone would want to go back to such an interface, (and
pay for the privilege), other than for nostalgic reasons.
I suppose it depends on what you're used to and, by extension, how much
time can be saved by using a familiar interface as opposed to learning a
new one.

Personally I can't imagine using Windows without Directory Opus -- the
option to have visible source and destination windows, along with the
configurable toolbars, increase the speed of file operations and program
launching by a massive factor -- but then I spent four or five years
using Opus on the Amiga and became very familiar with it.

In comparison I find the 'tree and contents' method of file management,
as used by Windows Explorer and the various XTree clones, slow and
slightly cumbersome. I can use it -- and invariably have to when I'm
working on someone else's system -- but I'm not as comfortable with it.
--
Kev
"You only get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so many times,"
Ike Taylor
David Pearson
2008-12-28 23:28:02 UTC
Post by dave @ stejonda
Post by vg4cysss7001
writes
Post by Mike Isaacs
Ah, Xtree - a marvellous program.
Have you tried ZtreeWin, the 32 bit replacement for Xtree which works
with all Windows from 95 to XP inclusive?
Do I gather ZtreeWin does not work under Vista? Sad news if so.
Their www-site indicates it does. However, looking at the screen shots
I wonder why anyone would want to go back to such an interface, (and
pay for the privilege), other than for nostalgic reasons.
This is all way off topic for this thread. I wish someone had respected
followups. BUT I can convincingly confirm that ZtreeWin does work very
happily indeed under Vista. You get some nags but they're essentially
deliberate under the Vista security model.

I find it a completely invaluable tool - for one particular task,
selectively copying files from A to B (by date or file pattern) with
folder structure etc intact. A kinda backup tool (I daily copy my TP
files to memory stick or laptop this way) but I also use it a lot in
website management.
David Pearson
Jim Macleod
2008-12-29 21:41:52 UTC
Post by David Pearson
Post by dave @ stejonda
Post by vg4cysss7001
writes
Post by Mike Isaacs
[...]
Agreed, and this is how I also would reply to Dave (Stejonda). I don't
only use ZTree for nostalgic reasons (although yes, the nostalgia is
there). Essentially I find ZTree useful for certain particular copying
tasks (of which backup is one) because of its ability to tag files.

Actually most of the time I use PowerDesk, which is similar to Windows
Explorer only better.
David Pearson
2008-12-30 19:27:49 UTC
Post by Jim Macleod
Post by David Pearson
[...]
Indeedy, yeah, it's the ability to sort, filter, "filespec" and in
particular tag (and then, if necessary, copy) that I find just
invaluable - quick simple tools to do a wide variety of stuff. Not sure
how I'd live without it!
David Pearson
Mike Isaacs
2008-12-28 17:09:27 UTC
Post by Mike Isaacs
It came out when XtreeGold went bust. It still includes JFC and has
most of the Xtree facilities. ZtreeWin is still being actively updated.
I've just checked their website (www.ztree.com), and ZtreeWin _does_
work with Vista.

Sorry to have misinformed you.
Mike Isaacs
vg4cysss7001
2008-12-29 09:06:55 UTC
Post by Mike Isaacs
Ah, Xtree - a marvellous program.
I have a Compaq 'luggable' with PFM installed
(Pure F*cking Magic), as well as a COBOL compiler
and Flight Simulator. All on 512 kB RAM and 10 MB
HDD!

[snip]
<https://mozy.com/?ref=UK45Y5>
vg4cysss7001
2008-12-29 09:01:47 UTC
In article <***@soft255.demon.co.uk>, "J. P. Gilliver
(John)" <***@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes
[snip]
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Of course, those of us using Windows (and its underlying DOS, in the
case of those of us using '9x [or earlier - anyone here still on 3.x?])
are using at least _some_ code that's Very Old - and I imagine the same
applies to Linux and other OSs too.
I was a reluctant migrant to XP.
A couple of days ago I scooped a notebook bargain - with Vista
:-(
I'll be happier if I can figure out how to watch de-frag
'at work' - my hobby! :-)
<https://mozy.com/?ref=UK45Y5>
Gordon H
2009-01-17 15:00:41 UTC
Post by vg4cysss7001
I was a reluctant migrant to XP.
A couple of days ago I scooped a notebook bargain - with Vista
:-(
I'll be happier if I can figure out how to watch de-frag
'at work' - my hobby! :-)
LOL! Whilst listening to Radio 4?

The point seems to be that it runs quietly and unnoticed, but does it
actually DO anything?

I have followed the DOS/XtreeGold nostalgia with interest.
The only continuous use I have made of a program since DOS days is the
Works Suite, which (IMHO) offers a not-too-complex Spreadsheet,
Reasonable WP, etc.

I had Norton Utilities with DOS, but finally ditched Norton last year.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2009-01-20 02:41:44 UTC
In article <V+***@g3snx.demon.co.uk>, on Sat, 17 Jan 2009,
Gordon H <***@g3snx.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote
[]
Post by Gordon H
I have followed the DOS/XtreeGold nostalgia with interest.
The only continuous use I have made of a program since DOS days is the
Works Suite, which (IMHO) offers a not-too-complex Spreadsheet,
Reasonable WP, etc.
[]
They spoiled Works, though, one year when they included Word with it.
Word is actually an OK word processor, but the one that used to be part
of Works was much more compact, and still adequate for many uses (and
had _somewhat_ more than WordPad, though I forget the details).

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
Dr J R Stockton
2008-12-29 16:50:39 UTC
In demon.ip.support.turnpike message <***@soft255.demon.co.
uk>, Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:32:35, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Of course, those of us using Windows (and its underlying DOS, in the
case of those of us using '9x [or earlier - anyone here still on 3.x?])
are using at least _some_ code that's Very Old - and I imagine the same
applies to Linux and other OSs too.
Thanks : I needed a reminder to re-test my 20.5 year old Amstrad PPC640.
DOS 3.30 still boots, and both drives run.
--
(c) John Stockton, near London. *@merlyn.demon.co.uk/?.?***@physics.org
Correct <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line precisely "-- " (SoRFC1036)
Do not Mail News to me. Before a reply, quote with ">" or "> " (SoRFC1036)
Richard Clayton
2009-12-25 10:41:20 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the fourteenth year, 2009, sufficiently under 4600 articles were
posted to make the average rate come out at 12.5 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2010-12-25 14:53:41 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the fifteenth year, 2010, a shade under 4400 articles were posted
to make the average rate come out just over 12.0 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2011-12-25 12:42:12 UTC
1997),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the sixteenth year, 2011, getting towards 3200 articles were
posted to make the average rate come out at 8.7 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Roland Perry
2011-12-25 15:05:25 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
And a merry Xmas from we grateful users too.
Roland Perry
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb
news
2011-12-29 17:40:28 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
During the sixteenth year, 2011, getting towards 3200 articles were
posted to make the average rate come out at 8.7 articles per day
Shows how stable the interweb has become - - fewer complaints about
dial-up speeds etc.
Turnpike has been great for me since version 1 - .
I will probably now need to work out how to move all the emails out of
TP with the Demon change to Exchange Server.

As far as I can tell I need to export it a folder/alias at a time.

Thank you TURNPIKE team.
A fine product that worked well.

Max
--
Max Richens ***@richens.demon.co.uk
Hashing.. Drinking for runners. Running for drinkers.
On-On Cheshire H3 URL http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk
John Hall
2011-12-29 18:28:08 UTC
In article <DZ+26ZcMYK$***@richens.demon.co.uk>,
news <***@richens.demon.co.uk> writes:
<snip>
Post by news
I will probably now need to work out how to move all the emails
out of TP with the Demon change to Exchange Server.
I think that you probably /won't/ need to do that, though with the
information we've had so far it's hard to be sure.
--
John Hall
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism
George Bernard Shaw
Eileen Conn
2012-01-02 02:18:34 UTC
Post by John Hall
<snip>
Post by news
I will probably now need to work out how to move all the emails
out of TP with the Demon change to Exchange Server.
I think that you probably /won't/ need to do that, though with the
information we've had so far it's hard to be sure.
I have missed what this is about. Can I safely ignore it? It frightens
me to metaphorical death at the thought of having to disturb my system.
I have neither the skills or the time available...
Eileen Conn
Roy Brown
2012-01-02 23:46:42 UTC
In message <***@nutbrook.demon.co.uk>, Eileen Conn
<***@nutbrook.demon.co.uk> writing at 02:18:34 in his/her local time
opines:-
Post by Eileen Conn
Post by John Hall
<snip>
Post by news
I will probably now need to work out how to move all the emails
out of TP with the Demon change to Exchange Server.
I think that you probably /won't/ need to do that, though with the
information we've had so far it's hard to be sure.
I have missed what this is about. Can I safely ignore it? It frightens
me to metaphorical death at the thought of having to disturb my system.
I have neither the skills or the time available...
False alarm, partially.

Demon, with all the technical skill for which they are famous, seemingly
announced that they were changing the email system to work on a basis
(IMAP) which TP (POP3/SMTP) could not cope with.

Later, they clarified this to mean that IMAP was in addition to, and not
a replacement for, POP3.

I expect SMTP for Receiving Email will finally die, but if you are on
broadband, you are almost certainly Receiving using POP3 and not SMTP
anyway.

(Outgoing will stay SMTP, whatever happens).

Check in Connect/Configure Email transfer/Receiving Email - there are
tick boxes for Enable SMTP server and Enable POP3 accounts. Which is
ticked?

Beyond that, there are a few changes and considerations if you receive
separately for multiple users.

But if you don't (you are POP3 and receive for mailbox nutbrook and not
anything fancy like eileen+nutbrook) then you will need to make a simple
change to your TP settings, and a simple config setting at Demon via the
web, to use the new Demon system.

They will give us details nearer the time, they assure us.

And whatever is involved, it will be a lot simpler than migrating from
Demon.
--
Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris
geoff
2012-01-03 00:33:32 UTC
Post by Roy Brown
[...]
Why?

There came a point where I had just had enough (charged three annual
renewals on three consecutive months, my universal site licence no
longer working with a TP upgrade and then being told I would have to pay
for a new one, etc ...), that migrating to BeThere was trivial, painless
and nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated
geoff
news
2012-01-03 09:55:44 UTC
Post by geoff
Why?
There came a point where I had just had enough (charged three annual
renewals on three consecutive months, my universal site licence no
longer working with a TP upgrade and then being told I would have to pay
for a new one, etc ...), that migrating to BeThere was trivial, painless
and nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated
How did you cope with changing e-mail addresses. Having been with Demon
for many years I have a whole host of ***@domain.demon.co.uk.

Had I started life with a gmail or a hot mail address all would be much
easier but these options wern't available when I joined Demon. I had
thought to start this new year with a new addy and any that hadn't been
used in a year, were probably redundant, so I could just forget them.
But it just seems much easier to stick with Demon (who I have no real
issues with other than the fact that they are no longer really
competitive price wise).
hugh
2012-01-03 12:58:07 UTC
Post by news
Post by geoff
Why?
There came a point where I had just had enough (charged three annual
renewals on three consecutive months, my universal site licence no
longer working with a TP upgrade and then being told I would have to pay
for a new one, etc ...), that migrating to BeThere was trivial, painless
and nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated
How did you cope with changing e-mail addresses. Having been with
Demon for many years I have a whole host of
By anticipating a few years ago when all the previous e-mail problems
popped up with the change to POP3 that some day I might want to leave
Demon. So I bought/rented my own Domain name for a couple of quid a
year with UKRe/fasthosts and if I change ISP I simply log on to their
control panel and re-direct my e-mails f-o-c.
hugh
Michael J Davis
2012-01-30 11:45:27 UTC
Post by hugh
Post by news
Post by geoff
Why?
There came a point where I had just had enough (charged three annual
renewals on three consecutive months, my universal site licence no
longer working with a TP upgrade and then being told I would have to pay
for a new one, etc ...), that migrating to BeThere was trivial, painless
and nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated
How did you cope with changing e-mail addresses. Having been with
o.uk.
By anticipating a few years ago when all the previous e-mail problems
popped up with the change to POP3 that some day I might want to leave
Demon. So I bought/rented my own Domain name for a couple of quid a
year with UKRe/fasthosts and if I change ISP I simply log on to their
control panel and re-direct my e-mails f-o-c.
me2

Been with Zen four years now. Changeover was just a matter of changing
two forwarding addresses at 123 site, where my address is hosted.

Mike
--
Michael J Davis
<><
geoff
2012-01-03 21:15:06 UTC
Post by news
Post by geoff
Why?
There came a point where I had just had enough (charged three annual
renewals on three consecutive months, my universal site licence no
longer working with a TP upgrade and then being told I would have to pay
for a new one, etc ...), that migrating to BeThere was trivial, painless
and nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated
How did you cope with changing e-mail addresses. Having been with
Demon for many years I have a whole host of
Ah - that wasn't very forward looking, was it?

Have you never thought what you would do if you had a falling out with
Thus for whatever reason?

I was with Demon almost right from the start, but from quite early on, I
made sure that I was ISP independent

To not do so, puts you entirely at their mercy. Do something about it
now before its too late
geoff
Roy Brown
2012-01-03 10:52:03 UTC
In message <A3Wfm1TczkAPFwl+@virginmedia.com>, geoff <***@kateda.org>
writing at 00:33:32 in his/her local time opines:-
Post by geoff
Post by Roy Brown
[...]
Perfectly fair points, Geoff, and these Demon changes may well be the
last straw for me too.

But sauce for the goose isn't always sauce for the gander, so what you
and I do, with personal domains and suchlike, and the use of ISPs other
than Demon, may sit differently than for Eileen, who would like to
change things as little as possible, and not have to get her head round
all the issues involved in a full migration.

And what you are talking about here is other examples of Demon
incompetence that made you unhappy with them. And although the
'apparently IMAP only' misstep, and reports from early beta testers, may
well indicate that Demon will get this changeover wrong as well, to a
greater or lesser degree, it would seem that Eileen hasn't had the
issues you have had.

Obviously, the Universal Site Licence issue got sorted out, or you
wouldn't still be posting with TP, from a non-Demon ISP.

And it must have been something obscure and specific to you, as I don't
recall anyone else with such an issue? I'm also wondering if you were
still with Demon at that point, as the Universal only applies anyway
when you are using TP outside of Demon....

So I guess the issue wasn't the problem, so much as Demon's completely
inappropriate response to it?

But however simple the changeover to a new ISP might have been for you,
surely you would not argue that it could be simpler than the changes
that Demon will require to use their new mail system?

That's if all goes well, of course - and I would not argue that your
life is no doubt simpler and smoother now that you have moved away from
Demon.

And nor would I argue that if Eileen were having the sorts of issues
with Demon that you had, it might not be simpler and easier in the long
run for her to switch ISPs.

But she isn't, she seems relatively happy with Demon at present. And so
for her, if not for you, the most straightforward course is to stay with
Demon, and make the few small changes required.

Unless, of course, Demon fubar this, in which case I am sure that Eileen
will value your 'how to switch' easy checklist. As will I!
Bernard Peek
2012-01-03 11:20:06 UTC
Post by Roy Brown
But sauce for the goose isn't always sauce for the gander, so what you
and I do, with personal domains and suchlike, and the use of ISPs other
than Demon, may sit differently than for Eileen, who would like to
change things as little as possible, and not have to get her head round
all the issues involved in a full migration.
My advice to Eileen (and any other email user, with any ISP) would be to
register a domain-name anyway, even if she is satisfied with the service
she is getting. It insures against future problems with Demon or any
other ISP. While she is with Demon it will be relatively simple to do
and the switchover can be done at a leisurely pace,
--
Bernard Peek
***@shrdlu.com
geoff
2012-01-03 21:42:37 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by Roy Brown
[...]
Yes, but IMHO, its akin to not having virus protection and not backing
up data and down to laziness. They hold all the cards, you move, you
lose
Post by Roy Brown
And what you are talking about here is other examples of Demon
incompetence that made you unhappy with them. And although the
'apparently IMAP only' misstep, and reports from early beta testers,
may well indicate that Demon will get this changeover wrong as well, to
a greater or lesser degree, it would seem that Eileen hasn't had the
issues you have had.
I would say that its good practice to anticipate and cover yourself
BEFORE problems arise. Demon was quite cuddly years ago, the same can't
be said now
Post by Roy Brown
Obviously, the Universal Site Licence issue got sorted out, or you
wouldn't still be posting with TP, from a non-Demon ISP.
And it must have been something obscure and specific to you, as I don't
recall anyone else with such an issue? I'm also wondering if you were
still with Demon at that point, as the Universal only applies anyway
when you are using TP outside of Demon....
I use Virgin at home and used Demon at work, so I needed the site
licence for TP at home

I fully intend to keep using TP for as long as I can
Post by Roy Brown
So I guess the issue wasn't the problem, so much as Demon's completely
inappropriate response to it?
But however simple the changeover to a new ISP might have been for you,
surely you would not argue that it could be simpler than the changes
that Demon will require to use their new mail system?
No longer an issue for me
Post by Roy Brown
That's if all goes well, of course - and I would not argue that your
life is no doubt simpler and smoother now that you have moved away from
Demon.
And nor would I argue that if Eileen were having the sorts of issues
with Demon that you had, it might not be simpler and easier in the long
run for her to switch ISPs.
But she isn't, she seems relatively happy with Demon at present. And so
for her, if not for you, the most straightforward course is to stay
with Demon, and make the few small changes required.
Unless, of course, Demon fubar this, in which case I am sure that
Eileen will value your 'how to switch' easy checklist. As will I!
I would say that anyone who doesn't make their email / website ISP
independent is being very shortsighted, irrespective of the ISP

I would also say do it now, before there's a problem rather than being
caught short when a problem arises
geoff
Roy Brown
2012-01-03 22:10:10 UTC
In message <***@virginmedia.com>, geoff <***@kateda.org>
writing at 21:42:37 in his/her local time opines:-
<Snip good stuff>
Post by geoff
I would say that anyone who doesn't make their email / website ISP
independent is being very shortsighted, irrespective of the ISP
I would also say do it now, before there's a problem rather than being
caught short when a problem arises
With my Roy hat on, and my own domain set up ready for exactly those
reasons, I fully agree with you.

But from under Eileen's hat, I suspect, this is peering into the abyss.

If you want broadband, you have to use an ISP. If you can rely on the
ISP, why not give yourself an easier ride by using the stuff they
provide? If you can't rely on the ISP, why use them?

I remember, all those years ago when Windows didn't even have its own
winsock, looking at ISPs and realising that with most of them, you had
to knit together your own mail/news/browser solution from all sorts of
tools we weren't familiar with, and a justified suspicion that even if
we chose best-of-breed in each case, they might not actually play nice
together.

Or we could go with Demon, and its proven, integrated, internally
supported Turnpike/IE solution, where if it didn't work, there was but
one arse to kick, and it was a knowledgeable 'arse' that would take
ownership of, and responsibility for, your problem, and solve it for
you.

A lot of people made that same decision on the same basis. And even
though Demon isn't what it was, and Turnpike is hanging on by a thread,
and 'much easier' mail solutions from Microsoft, Hotmail, Google and the
like now abound - well, as I said, better the Demon you know.

OK, it's just kicking the can down the road, maybe. But it may well be a
lot easier, for now, than finding a new road.
Eileen Conn
2012-01-04 02:44:27 UTC
Post by geoff
[...]
Thank you all for your kind consideration of my plight! I will share the
comments you have all made with someone who knows more than I do about
computers and see what we can make of it. But yes I am fine at the
moment with Demon in spite of the cost. I go on paying that as the price
for keeping away from trying to understand the implications if I move
from them. My problem has two different aspects which are intertwined,
and major disturbance in either is more than I can contemplate.

1. As some of you know when something goes wrong with Turnpike I do go
into the abyss as it is so rare to find any tech support person who
knows anything about it who is able to visit which is what I need if it
requires action I have not taken before. Though I must say with the
support of many of you I am getting better at being able to articulate
the problem and get help from DIST that I can understand, so can take
the action myself. But if the DIST advice is too tech for me, it can't
help me and the vulnerability is terrible.

2. My local operations depend on my email list of 1600+. I have
developed an indexing system in the Turnpike email address book which,
together with my familiarity at operating the Turnpike email system, is
symbiotic now with my thinking processes for my local project work. This
is so even beyond the actual use of the email system, as the local
process has grown around the index. It reminds me of a local tree a few
minutes walk from here, that has embedded deep inside its trunk an old
metal railing that was part of a fence now long gone, and the metal is
now totally integrated into the living tissue.

I have spent years investigating other email systems and have found none
that seem likely to be able to give me what I get with the Turnpike
system. And how could they now as the system is so deeply embedded in my
psyche. That makes me even more vulnerable than being tied to Demon. As
long as Demon causes me no trouble, I have no desire to fix that
problem. Which is why I panic if someone says Demon will not operate
Turnpike in the near future. It is ironic that I went with Demon in 1996
simply because they offered 24 hour phone support for my email system.
In those days I didn't even know it was called Turnpike or that it was
different from Demon. In those early years it was just wonderful, as a
phone call away there were people who were able to handle any tech issue
I had with Turnpike and sort it out for me. It went into nightmare mode
when that stopped and went to Bangalore, and now there isn't even a 24
hours service...

But I am getting by for now with DIST, and the Turnpike local angel who
appeared in my despair the long bank holiday weekend last August. I am
always hoping my work pressures will lessen so I can get to grips with
computer issues, but unfortunately the pressures get more intense every
year, as I am too successful in pioneering new things... (though very,
very non-tech).
Eileen Conn
Chris Hoskyns
2012-01-13 16:32:50 UTC
Post by Roy Brown
<Snip good stuff>
NB!
Post by Roy Brown
Post by geoff
I would also say do it now, before there's a problem rather than
being caught short when a problem arises
NB!
[8X]
I panic if someone says Demon will not operate Turnpike in the near
future.
[8X]
In those early years it was just wonderful, as a phone call away there
were people who were able to handle any tech issue I had with Turnpike
and sort it out for me. It went into nightmare mode when that stopped
and went to Bangalore, and now there isn't even a 24 hours service...
But I am getting by for now with DIST, and the Turnpike local angel who
appeared in my despair the long bank holiday weekend last August.
[8X]
You might know this already, but I'm writing it anyway:

I suggest that you create a non-TP dependent backup of your mail and
address book, as an insurance against future unknowns. It might take a
while to do, but'll guard against huge heart ache and angst.

1: On an external USB hard disk drive (HDD), create a set of folders
replicating the named folders in your Turnpike folder.
If some folders have nested sub-folders, then reproduce them also.
2: In TP, open each folder in sequence, and highlight the email messages
to be copied into your new USB folders.
3: go to File>Export hit return and navigate to the appropriate new
external folder. Accept the default Berkeley Mailbox Files (text)
option, and click [Save].

Exporting in TP is not like doing it down at the docks, you get to keep
the originals.

Repeat until all done.

ADDRESS BOOK:
Open Address book, highlight the addresses that you want to export, then
go to File>Export click sends the addresses to a new external Addresses
Folder as a text file.

The addresses can be imported as Data into an Excel spreadsheet as comma
separated variables, and then the columns cleaned up of TP specific
details, to make them suitable for importing into another program.

From those exported files you can recreate the same setup (or better) in
another email program, and if desperate, will even be able to read the
plan text parts of the exported mails and addresses with Word-Pad.

Message TAGS will not get carried with the exported messages, so if
you're using them to group/sort your messages, then create another set
of folders corresponding to the TAGS or combination of tags, then do tag
based searches to sort them for export. The TAG folder naming could get
irksome if your messages have many tags.

TURNPIKE EXE is now v6.07 yours is 6.05 S

It would be prudent to update TP to version 6.07, as that'll enable it
to run in Vista. The latest download link is/was discussed in DIST topic
'TP Download', where there are legal links to where you can still get
it. There's been loads of discussion on how to update TP, it's very
simple to do.

Several members here have run or are running different email clients in
tandem/parallel with TP, which is a good way to explore alternatives.

Another email client will free you from dependency on Demon as your ISP,
unless of course you buy their Universal TP licence for 200 quid, but
you might get a spare one in this forum for a song. If one comes up for
sale, grab it!
Chris Hoskyns
Paul Terry
2011-12-29 18:34:20 UTC
Post by news
I will probably now need to work out how to move all the emails out of
TP with the Demon change to Exchange Server.
Only if you enjoy that sort of thing. Personally I intend to carry on
using TP with Demon's new email system.
Paul Terry
Richard Clayton
2012-12-25 11:28:12 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the seventeenth year, 2012, just over 2300 articles were posted,
reducing the average rate to 6.3 articles per day.

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2013-12-25 12:14:57 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the eighteenth year, 2013, a couple shy of 2500 articles were
posted, so the average rate rose slightly to 6.8 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Ian Jackson
2013-12-26 15:26:31 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
Without analysing much of the above, I suspect that there would have
been a lot of posting around the time of the changeover to the new
e-mail system, and another burst around the time when Demon pulled the
rug out from under those with single-user licences.
Ian
Brian Howie
2013-12-28 12:27:07 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Without analysing much of the above, I suspect that there would have
been a lot of posting around the time of the changeover to the new
e-mail system, and another burst around the time when Demon pulled the
rug out from under those with single-user licences.
There will be flurries every time there's another release of Windows
too.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

---
Richard Clayton
2014-12-25 10:46:21 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the nineteenth year, 2014 only just over 1000 articles were
posted, so the average rate was a mere 2.8 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Brian Howie
2014-12-25 11:42:27 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
T U R N P I K E
Oh for a new version that would run on 64bit windows . I might even
consider buying it ;-)

Merry Christmas to you and the (remaining) collective.

Brian
Brian Howie
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2014-12-25 17:23:54 UTC
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
T U R N P I K E
Oh for a new version that would run on 64bit windows . I might even
consider buying it ;-)
+n, definitely! (Though it'd be good if it didn't _exclude_ 32-bit OSs.)
Post by Brian Howie
Merry Christmas to you and the (remaining) collective.
Brian
And to all readers of DIST!

Never make the same mistake twice...there are so many new ones to make!
Tim Lamb
2014-12-25 20:05:10 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Richard Clayton
The Turnpike team all join in thanking you all for all of your
contributions and in wishing you...
... a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
T U R N P I K E
Oh for a new version that would run on 64bit windows . I might even
consider buying it ;-)
+n, definitely! (Though it'd be good if it didn't _exclude_ 32-bit OSs.)
I'm still on XP after a Norton engineer disabled various bits. Some
muttering about single processors and capacity. The 7/32bit project
awaits sufficient tuits:-)
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Brian Howie
Merry Christmas to you and the (remaining) collective.
AOL:-)
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Brian Howie
Brian
And to all readers of DIST!
Tim Lamb
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2014-12-26 01:18:44 UTC
[]
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Richard Clayton
T U R N P I K E
Oh for a new version that would run on 64bit windows . I might even
consider buying it ;-)
+n, definitely! (Though it'd be good if it didn't _exclude_ 32-bit OSs.)
I'm still on XP after a Norton engineer disabled various bits. Some
Oh, me too! (With the point-of-sale patch.) Does all I want! (I have a 7
[64] machine, but find I hardly ever use it!)
[]

The desire to remain private and/or anonymous used to be a core British value,
but in recent times it has been treated with suspicion - an unfortunate by-
product of the widespread desire for fame. - Chris Middleton,
Computing 6 September 2011
John Hall
2014-12-25 21:53:49 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Brian Howie
Merry Christmas to you and the (remaining) collective.
And to all readers of DIST!
From me too.

The group may have been relatively quiet this year, but at least it's
still alive, which is more than can be said of many.
--
I'm not paid to implement the recognition of irony.
(Taken, with the author's permission, from a LiveJournal post)
Andy
2014-12-26 09:49:01 UTC
In message <***@jhall_nospamxx.demon.co.uk>, John Hall
<***@jhall.co.uk> wrote
[
Post by John Hall
The group may have been relatively quiet this year, but at least it's
still alive, which is more than can be said of many.
{quick look around} well, the parts of my body I can see appear to be
functioning, although they are a decreasing fraction of the total :)
--
Andy Taylor [Editor, Austrian Philatelic Society].
Visit <URL:http://www.austrianphilately.com>
Jasper
2014-12-26 18:17:36 UTC
Post by Andy
[
Post by John Hall
The group may have been relatively quiet this year, but at least it's
still alive, which is more than can be said of many.
{quick look around} well, the parts of my body I can see appear to be
functioning, although they are a decreasing fraction of the total :)
Thank you to all for the wealth of information.
Bunty :}
Jasper Brown
Eileen Conn
I am still here as well! Happy Christmas everyone. Keep alive...
bert
bert
Steve. Bolam
2014-12-26 19:43:16 UTC
Post by John Hall
From me too.
The group may have been relatively quiet this year, but at least it's
still alive, which is more than can be said of many.
And there may be lurkers hanging around..
Paid for copy and still in use since 99.

Although I must admit a lot of my email now gets collected via mobile
Android device.. Seasons greetings to all.
--
Steve Bolam Harrogate.N Yorks

---
bert
bert
Richard Clayton
2015-12-25 17:37:08 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twentieth year, 2015, slightly under 800 articles were
posted, so the average rate was a mere 2.2 articles per day

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2015-12-25 17:37:52 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2017-01-07 18:06:19 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Eve
1997),
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-first year, 2016, 625 articles were posted (up to Xmas
itself), so the average was 1.7 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
Brian Howie
2017-01-07 20:53:32 UTC
On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 18:06:19 +0000, Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-first year, 2016, 625 articles were posted (up to Xmas
itself), so the average was 1.7 articles per day.
Happy New Year
T U R N P I K E
Thanks Richard,

I started using Turnpike in 1996. I can't think of any other piece of
software that old apart from Winefile I use on a daily basis.

Brian
John Hall
2017-01-07 21:35:21 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-first year, 2016, 625 articles were posted (up to Xmas
itself), so the average was 1.7 articles per day.
Happy New Year
T U R N P I K E
Thanks Richard,
And thanks from me.
Post by Brian Howie
I started using Turnpike in 1996. I can't think of any other piece of
software that old apart from Winefile I use on a daily basis.
1995 for me, I think. I saw Richard and Chris Hall demonstrating it at a
computer show in the late spring or early summer of that year, and was
immediately captivated. I suppose the only other piece of software that
old which I still use is Windows itself (version 3.1 back then, IIRC). I
know Windows is now radically different from what it was back then, but
Turnpike has changed a lot too, especially with v6.
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses
Hobbes (the tiger, not the philosopher!)
Richard Clayton
2017-12-25 17:34:54 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
1997),
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-second year, 2017, 662 articles were posted, so the
average rose slightly to 1.8 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
David Rance
2017-12-29 10:33:36 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-second year, 2017, 662 articles were posted, so the
average rose slightly to 1.8 articles per day.
But bear in mind that now there are no messages which are purely flame.
A goodly proportion of flame was the case in its heyday.

David
David Rance
2017-12-29 10:46:42 UTC
Post by David Rance
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-second year, 2017, 662 articles were posted, so the
average rose slightly to 1.8 articles per day.
But bear in mind that now there are no messages which are purely flame.
A goodly proportion of flame was the case in its heyday.
I'm sorry! Please ignore the above. I thought I was posting to a
different newsgroup. (First time I've made a mistake like that!)

David
Richard Clayton
2018-12-25 15:42:33 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-third year, 2018, 428 articles were posted, at an
average of 1.2 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2019-12-25 13:36:20 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Richard
Richard
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were posted
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-fourth year, 2019, 461 articles were posted, at an
average of 1.3 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2020-12-25 13:03:15 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2002),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2001),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2000),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
early
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a
further
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
19500
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(calculating the average for this year is therefore left as
an
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
exercise
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
which
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were posted,
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-fifth year, 2020, 505 articles were posted, at an
average of 1.4 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2021-12-25 16:51:19 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2002),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2001),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2000),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
early
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a
further
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
19500
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(calculating the average for this year is therefore left as
an
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
exercise
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
which
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were posted,
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-sixth year, 2021, 440 articles were posted, at an

T U R N P I K E
Richard Clayton
2022-12-25 19:19:33 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2003),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2002),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2001),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2000),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
early
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Xmas
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a
further
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
19500
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today to
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300 articles
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(about 53 articles per day on average).
During the fifth year, 2000, another 19300 articles (!)
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(calculating the average for this year is therefore left as
an
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
exercise
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
for the reader).
During the sixth year, 2001, about 32900 articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
which
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were posted,
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-seventh year, 2022, 325 articles were posted, at an
average of 0.9 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E
David Rance
2023-01-13 10:07:15 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2003),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2002),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2001),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2000),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
early
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
January 2000), Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Xmas
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
December 1996), Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a
further
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
19500
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(about 53 articles per day on average).
During the fifth year, 2000, another 19300 articles (!)
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(calculating the average for this year is
an
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
exercise
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
for the reader).
During the sixth year, 2001, about 32900 articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
which
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
Makes depressing reading but grateful to have it.

David
John Hall
2023-01-13 13:46:09 UTC
<snip>
Post by David Rance
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-seventh year, 2022, 325 articles were posted, at an
average of 0.9 articles per day.
Makes depressing reading but grateful to have it.
Given that official support and updates finished over 15 years ago, it's
a tribute to Turnpike's qualities that a substantial number of people
are still using it. And this group is still a fair bit busier than quite
a few groups that I'm still subscribed too - with mostly on-topic posts
too!
--
John Hall "Do you have cornflakes in America?"
"Well, actually, they're American."
Bill Bryson: "Notes from a Small Island"
Adrian
2023-01-13 14:48:08 UTC
Post by John Hall
<snip>
Post by David Rance
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-seventh year, 2022, 325 articles were posted, at an
average of 0.9 articles per day.
Makes depressing reading but grateful to have it.
Given that official support and updates finished over 15 years ago,
it's a tribute to Turnpike's qualities that a substantial number of
people are still using it. And this group is still a fair bit busier
than quite a few groups that I'm still subscribed too - with mostly
on-topic posts too!
Seconded.

To what extent a reduction in traffic is a symptom of reduced usage, or
that those using it have (for the time being anyway) worked out what
they need to do to fix things is, I think, an unknown.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
brian
2023-01-13 15:29:22 UTC
Post by Adrian
Post by John Hall
<snip>
Post by David Rance
Post by Richard Clayton
During the twenty-seventh year, 2022, 325 articles were posted, at an
average of 0.9 articles per day.
Makes depressing reading but grateful to have it.
Given that official support and updates finished over 15 years ago,
it's a tribute to Turnpike's qualities that a substantial number of
people are still using it. And this group is still a fair bit busier
than quite a few groups that I'm still subscribed too - with mostly
on-topic posts too!
Seconded.
To what extent a reduction in traffic is a symptom of reduced usage, or
that those using it have (for the time being anyway) worked out what
they need to do to fix things is, I think, an unknown.
Adrian
Http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/spoolstats/agents-summary.html

9th in the list. I've pretty well worked out how to fix things .
Anything else I need i just look at the archives,

The only funny I have is when I'm typing the text and fonts go
"strange" and muddled up it I delete (backspace) a character.

64 bit version would be nice.......

Cheers

Brian
Brian Howie
Richard Clayton
2023-12-26 00:03:10 UTC
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Clayton
Richard
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2004),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2003),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2002),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2001),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
2000),
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Richard
early
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
in
Post by Richard Clayton
Year's
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Xmas
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Eve
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
1997),
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
end
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
of
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were posted (a fraction under 80 per day).
During the second year (ending mid December 1997) a
further
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
19500
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
articles were posted (a mere 53 per day on average).
During the third year (and I'll count that up to today
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
make
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
future
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
sums simpler) approximately 27400 more articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(this
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
is
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
about 72 per day on average).
During the fourth year, 1999, approximately 19300
articles
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(about 53 articles per day on average).
During the fifth year, 2000, another 19300 articles (!)
were
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(calculating the average for this year is therefore left
as
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
an
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
exercise
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
for the reader).
During the sixth year, 2001, about 32900 articles were
posted
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
(the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
most yet, equating to just over 90 per day on average).
During the seventh year, 2002, about 24100 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
which
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
averaging out at a shade under 30 articles/day
During the tenth year, 2005, just under 2000 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
much quieter average of 5.4 articles/day
During the eleventh year, 2006, almost 5200 articles were
posted,
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
at
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
the
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
Post by Richard Clayton
[...]
During the twenty-eighth year, 2023, 193 articles were posted, at an
average of 0.5 articles per day.

Happy New Year

T U R N P I K E