Quick Test
Rab C
2023-04-27 15:42:32 UTC
Sincere apologies everyone, but I don't seem to be able to send any
emails at the moment, so this is just a very quick test to see if I can
still send to the newsgroup.

I can still receive mail and news.

Rab
--
Rab
Please use Reply-To: address
Anything sent to From: address may not be received
Andy
2023-04-27 19:58:07 UTC
Post by Rab C
Sincere apologies everyone, but I don't seem to be able to send any
emails at the moment, so this is just a very quick test to see if I can
still send to the newsgroup.
Yes you can :)
Post by Rab C
I can still receive mail and news.
Rab
--
Andy Taylor FRPSL
President, Treasurer & Editor of the Austrian Philatelic Society.
Rab C
2023-04-27 23:50:34 UTC
Post by Rab C
I can still receive mail and news.
Rab
Brilliant!

I can also *send* emails again, too - once I'd remembered to change my
user name in the Sending Email/Mail Gateway bit of the email transfer
configuration in Connect. I'd changed the name of my mailbox at my email
provider and, while I'd tweaked the settings for incoming mail, I hadn't
changed the outgoing settings.

It's been a long time since I had to change *any* Turnpike settings and
so I'd just forgotten what needed to be done!