Help Needed With Moving Turnpike To Thunderbird Using IMAP
derft
2023-04-21 17:15:29 UTC
Hi

So after holding out for many years, I finally decided to move from
Turnpike to Thunderbird.

I pointed Thunderbird to Turnpike's IMAP server, and Thunderbird quickly
imported all the e-mail from my main Turnpike Inbox, however it didn't
import any of the e-mail from my numerous other folders.

As I understood it, one of the advantages of using the IMAP transfer
method was that it would copy all your mail, including your folder
structure across. As I have lots of different e-mail aliases, each
routed to their own individual folders, this was my main reason for
using the IMAP method.

So I'm not sure if this isn't the case, or if anyone has any ideas about
what might have gone wrong and how to get the rest of my mail
transferred? In case it helps, I've listed the steps I took to transfer
Turnpike below.

Thanks
Derf

Steps taken:

On my existing Turnpike, I already had a login password, and I made sure
that "Access mail using POP3/IMAP server" in Configure/Options/Login was
ticked.

In Connect/Configure Email transfer I ticked the IMAP box in the "Mail
Servers" section.

I copied my Turnpike folder to my new computer (using the same
folder/path locations), and re-installed Turnpike 6.07 over the top of
it.

I installed Thunderbird and when it asked to "Set Up Your Existing Email
Address" I put the following:

Your Full Name: Full Name
E-mail Address: ***@127.0.0.1
Password: MyTurnpikePassword

Incoming Server settings =
Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Port: 143
Connection Security: None
Authentication method: Normal Password
Username: TurnpikeUsername

Outgoing Server settings =
Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Port: Change to 25
Connection Security: None
Authentication method: No Authentication
Username: TurnpikeUsername

Thunderbird created a folder named ***@127.0.0.1, with
three sub folders named "Inbox", "Deleted" and "/TurnpikeUsername". The
"/TurnpikeUsername" folder has a sub folder called "Trash".

All the mail from my Turnpike Inbox was transferred to the "Inbox"
folder. There is nothing in the "Deleted", "/TurnpikeUsername" or
"trash" folders.
Invalid
2023-04-23 16:19:19 UTC
If you right click on the ***@127.0.0.1 top level, you
should get a menu one item of which (5th one down on mine) is Subscribe.
Click on that and you should get a window that contains list of your
Turnpike folders.

If you tick the subscribe box for all the folders, they should them
appear as subfolders under ***@127.0.0.1

Regards
--
Invalid